How to choose the right rug color for your home?
Crafted by Berber artisans. Curated by decor enthusiasts
The first thing you should consider when buying a rug is its color. Moroccan rugs are available in soothing tones to brooding colors. It's a good idea to match your sofa and curtains to the rug color.
Avoid selecting the exact shade. Do some research to find out which color goes with your brown or grey couch. A gray or brown rug may seem pleasing and evoke a positive feeling. But they can also make your room appear drab and uninteresting. So, you should choose a color that bring about endless charm and beauty to your home.
In this article, we will review some professional tips on choosing the right color of rug for your home.
Five Tips on Choosing the Right Color of Rug
1. Examine your room and consider a suitable and preferred theme of color and design. What is the mood or feeling of your room? Do you wish to maintain the existing or create a new design? With answers to these questions, you can start to research and decide on the rug's color to use for your decor.
2. If you want your room to be attractive and inviting, consider using a brown color and a color with a dark shade of gray. A combination of a white and cream color could be perfect if you consider a room with a simple and classic appearance. Understanding the design and color of the room you want, can help you with the right rug color for your room.
3. Similarly, if you purchase a rug with a color that is too light, your room will appear pale. A dark color will make your room appear darker. Ensure you examine your room and decide on the right color of the rug.
4. Finally, consider the kind of materials that are already in your room. For instance, the brown color is not suitable for a hardwood floor. Instead, buy a rug with a color that aligns with the tone of your room floor. Don’t forget to search for a color with durability and resistance to tear and wear.
5. You can also consider using your rug to add a new accent color to the living room. For instance, if you have a beige color room, you can use a rug with more vibrant colors. However, ensure that the new accent color will not cause an undue distraction to the eyes.
Getting a rug with a color that matches the shades of your curtains, sofa cushions, blinds, and wall color and with your interior will cost a lot more. For instance, you can get a cream and gray-colored rug or a dark brown and tan rug for half the price of a brown and gray rug.
Set a mood:
Using a colored rug is an effective way to create a certain mood. Colors can determine how you feel in a room. If you are looking for area rug colors, keep the desired atmosphere in mind. For instance, if you wish to create a romantic atmosphere, use the floor rug's light blue or pink color. Similarly, if you want to feel cozy and stylish in your living room, choose a brown color that gives off a warm feeling.
Consider the size of your room:
You should consider the size of the room when selecting the color of the rug. Also, you may want to consider the size of your furniture and décor in your room. A rug that is too small will mess up the décor in your room. On the other hand, a rug with a length or width that is too big might appear unattractive and make it difficult for you to decorate and furnish your room.
The best rugs for smaller rooms are those with natural hues. Choosing light-colored rugs will give the impression of more space. If the room is large, use dark rugs. It will add definition to your space and serve as the focus of attention.
You can use a combination of various shades. For instance, if you use other items in your room with dark brown cabinets or wooden dressers and tables, consider using cream or beige color rugs. It will help to create a balance in your room.
A formal living room requires a formal style and design that matches the décor of the room. The color should also blend with the existing or chosen design for your living room. You can use dark colors on rugs in formal rooms while using brighter colors for rooms that do not have a formal décor.
Choosing patterned rugs:
Patterned rugs are quite popular. They are used in different house rooms, including the bedroom, living room, den, and bathroom. Before you buy a patterned rug, it is important to know how your favorite room will look with the pattern on the patterned rug. For instance, if you plan to buy patterned rugs for your bedroom, you should consider the color of the room wall. If the color is light, you can go for patterns that are white.
There are different types of rugs available in our store. It is important to know what will fit your needs and preferences before purchasing a rug.
What color rug goes with a grey couch?
Soft, neutral tone (like white and cream) rugs go with a gray sofa. The gray and black are suitable for modern decor. Make your gray sofa more attractive by adding a palette of colors to reveal its soft tones.
What color rug goes with a brown couch?
The most suitable color rugs for a brown sofa contain beige, brown, and gray. Although there are no restrictions on color, the colors cream, blue-gray, deep red, rust, and natural shades always suit brown. Concentrate on modern textures. A well-textured leather sofa on a rug with a detailed texture adds comfort and a wealthy mood to your room.
What Color Of Rug Blends With A Red Sofa?
A bright red sofa makes your living room attractive. You should get a more neutral color such as grey or beige. A white and black rug will blend with a bright red sofa. For a red ZI sofa that looks dull, you can get a bright yellow rug.
What Color Will Blend With The Black Sofa?
Black represents the color of peace. You will always feel comfortable in a room that creates a dark and warm mood. Black color is quite simple and convenient to clean. A black rug can be used with a sofa, a chaise lounge, and a bean bag chair in your living room. So, go get that black sofa for your bedroom and enjoy a simple and comfortable living.